Saturday, September 3, 2011

Finally here....

After a very long and tiring flight(s), I am finally here in Rwanda.  I was picked up at the airport by Emmanuel.  He had a sign with my name and "The Goat Woman".  It was a two hour drive through the hills to the town of Muzane where Cathy and Teste live. I am looking forward to seeing the scenery in the daylight. I settled somewhat and surprisingly slept well.  This morning we did some art with the local street kids, fed them and they played soccer.  Back home for lunch and then to the market.  Quite a full first day getting to know names, getting to know Cathy and the routines of daily life here.  Tomorrow I am going to rest and organize as this week is going to busy.  They are short a teacher at the Preschool so I will be leading the "baby" class of 2 year olds.  Teste said it would be most likely wiping noses.  At any rate, I am excited about every moment.  It is very much like Tanzania - same sort of town - curious and wonderful people.  I am now at an internet cafe and that is a first for me.  I will write more tomorrow and maybe have a couple of pictures to attach.  But, it is wonderful to be here after months of planning and I will make the most of every moment.  Take care all and bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Well done ... Can't wait to read how you get on. Can already imagine the little ones hanging off your every limb. XXOO

    ReplyDelete