Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ready to go.........

It feels good to have all my work caught up, files done and to be missing CARF. Sorry team.... I am packed, organized and ready to go.  I did have to add another small bag but I have so much to take for the children that it is worth it.  Thanks to my friends who gave me children's clothing, school supplies and toiletries.  We think nothing of these things but they are so important and meaningful to the people where I am going.

My flight leaves at 4:30 pm tomorrow.  My darling daughter is giving me a ride to the airport.  I fly to Montreal, change planes and fly all night to Brussels.  Another four hours in the airport and then fly to Kigali, the capital of Rwanda.  I hate flying not because I am frightened - I just have a difficult time sleeping. 

I arrive at 6:30 pm on Friday, Sept. 2nd and am being picked up and driven to Ruhengeri which is 2 hours away.  There I will settle into Cathy and Teste's home where the volunteers also stay.  I really look forward to meeting them.  I feel I know Cathy all ready after many e-mails and reading all about her and how she is making such a difference there.  A fellow Canadian!  She inspired me the moment I read the article about her in Canadian "More" magazine in April 2010.  And now I am going to meet her.  That is what happens - a thought becomes a dream and the dream becomes reality when action is applied.  I always have a dream!

I am off to go to Africa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment